Eclectic Art Muse

Monday, June 15, 2009

Ah, Nature

Lately we've had to take to staying outside while the shed cats eat, because a raccoon thinks we've become a great coon bar and grill, complete with dinner and a drink. And in doing so, it's given me a chance to just sit, literally because i have to,lol, and observe my little sub eco-system known as the shed.
I'd been plopping myself on upside down feed buckets between the two feed containers
but noticed that there were swallows that were very distressed over not being able to get to their nest, so I decided to try something.
That decision was to sit closer to the cats and to keep a low profile and it worked. They came in and out freely, landing on the board under their nest and then feeding their little ones. The adults talk a lot but the babes don't make much sound, probably a survival mechanism, I'd guess. But it's nice that I can sit there and do something other than verbally remind mr. raccoon when he peaks his head in the cracks between the north door and the insides of the shed that his little coon butt's not welcome here, and see something so pretty and graceful.
Update to And the Earth Shook.
I saw them eating out of the same feeder again tonight. Only at her feeder. Very strange, very strange. But I'll take peace between them anytime,lol.

No comments: