Eclectic Art Muse

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Neighbors, gah!

GAHHH!

Apparantly our neighbors to the south decided to head to Florida this winter and their one son is watching the place.
There is a target behind the place, against a fence that runs north-south, and isn't on our own pasture fence. But, they are very close.
Son likes to shoot target. BOOM, BANG!
If ya don't know, I have two horses. Horses NOT used to this! We have a three strand electric fence and a metal gate that holds them in. And my horses were scared, particularly my little mare. So I holler across and ask them to be careful cause my horses were scared. A little time goes by; I'm thinking they stopped because hey, they care, right? Uhm, no, they don't. More shots, very LOUD shots. I ask again. More shots. Apparantly they don't care, and son is on phone, i'm assuming with dad.
Yes, more gun shots. Yes, my horses are terrified and poor Punky is beside herself and banging against the gate. Neighbor's son doesn't care. My dh drives over there and talks to neighbor's son, who's brilliant, intelligent reply is, "what do you want ME to do about it?". and they keep on shooting.
So, dh and I spent a long half hour by the gate, making sure both our horses didn't go thru the gate, calming them as much as we could. And we watched the target shooters.
Finally, it seems their box of ammo runs out, he gets their target and he and wife inspect it and walk back up towards the house. Not until I saw their car leave did I feel safe enough to not worry about my horses. And even then I stayed until Punky called herself down enough.
There's nothing I can do. It's private property, the guy has permission to do whatever he wants to. And I'm afraid he might be the sort to not give a care and just start up another day and I won't be home to watch my horses.
And I'm half frozen, because I didn't take time to put on the proper clothes to stay warm.

1 comment:

ChloƩ said...

Such a jerk!! Hope he'll get back to being reasonable and stop being stupid! (((hugs)))