Eclectic Art Muse

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another From Our Blog to Yours from SSD,lol

I never worked in the summer as a kid. My summers were spent being with the horses. We'd go riding out around the section, which was at that time, full of trails and a wonderful woods to ride through. All that's gone, sold to some guy who tore down all the woods and put it to farming (sigh. is so sad). We could ride the back roads too, then, because the traffic was low and they didn't drive like they were at the indy 500.
They were also spent getting ready for the county fair, for 4-h. I had a horse project from the time I was 13 till it was time to graduate from high school. That last year I couldn't, because I was attending college that fall. We always had a blast at the Fair. I had good friends and we spent a lot of great hours together, without a parent around for a few hours,lol.
Those summers were good. And I do miss them a lot.

1 comment:

Meems said...

wow, what a great way to spend your summers!